In case you did not know, the biscuit banana is very typical of Anglo – Saxon pastries. They call it banana bread. We will tell you how to make healthy chocolate chip banana bread, these are elongated, but you can also use a round mold. It will look just as good.
To give sweet touches add chocolate chips, which are delicious when melted to bake the cake. If you do not fancy them, you can do without them, but the truth is that the combination between bananas and chocolate is spectacular. This delicious bread is perfect as a packed lunch or served as a treat with tea.
Healthy chocolate chip banana bread tastes awesome too and will appeal to everyone. Bananas it a very juicy bread and you can turn it into a gluten-free recipe if you use a gluten-free flour mixture. It can be wrapped and stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or frozen for up to one month. Surely you are already making your mouth water and you want to imitate the Americans having breakfast with your piece of banana bread.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
- 220 g of baking powder
- 190 g brown sugar (can also be white)
- 3 eggs
- 100 g butter
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 plain or yogurt-flavored yogurt
- 100 g of chocolate seeds
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
Steps for Making Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread:
Before we begin to mix the ingredients of this banana bread and chocolate we will prepare some steps of the recipe. This will make the job much easier. Before the process, be sure to remove the ingredients that are in the refrigerator at least half an hour before so that everyone has the same temperature. As always, the first thing we do is preheat the oven to 180 degrees and heat it up and down. You May Like How to Cook Good Microwave Bacon.
Next, we prepare the mold where we will bake the bread. You need a jacketed pan with a little butter and flour to prevent sticking.
- Then you have to sift the dry ingredients (flour, salt, and yeast).
- Slightly moisten the chocolate chips and sprinkle with flour in a bowl, so they are well coated. In this way, we will avoid, in part, that we all going to the bottom of the mass of the sponge cake.
- Crush the banana with a fork. You do not need to acquire the texture of a fine purée; if you see a few bits, nothing happens. Since we are going to add it quickly to the dough, it is not necessary to sprinkle it with lemon to avoid that it is oxide.
- Now we beat eggs with sugar dark with the help of a food processor or an electric beater. Beat for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
- Add butter ointment i.e. well squishy, and continue beating to integrate well.
- Add the yogurt, banana, and vanilla. We hit another blender.
Finally, we added to the mass of the dry ingredients we had booked and mixed gently with a spatula. It is important to treat this mixture carefully and not to overwork it, because if we do, it will lose some of the air that we have incorporated during the egg whipping.
- Add the chocolate chips and finish the mix.
- We pour the cake dough into the mold that we had prepared. We smooth the surface well since the texture of this mass is somewhat dense.
- Bake the bread for 40 minutes at 180 degrees. The exact time will depend on your oven and the mold you use. As always, to know if the cake is already done, we puncture its central part with a toothpick or skewer and we verify that it leaves clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes in the pan. When it no longer burns, we move it to a grid and let it cool completely.
- Unmold and … we tried! It can be decorated with a little sugar glaze or with a light glace. It is not necessary to add anything else, because it is only delicious.
The bread is an excellent thing for breakfast and snacks, as it is nutritious and has a mild flavor that does not tire. It is a perfect companion for a coffee or for a glass of milk with cocoa. Cut it into thick slices and present it on the table. You will see how it flies. If you want to serve it as a dessert then accompany it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, cream, chocolate, or, why not, banana. It will be the final climax of a good meal.
How to Preserve the Bread:
If you foresee that the bread is not going to consume whole, do not cut it all into slices, because this way it dries more. Wrap it in film paper and place it in a place in the kitchen that is not very hot. Avoid putting it in the refrigerator, as it spoils its texture. This way you will last several days in perfect condition. If you have decorated it with icing sugar, it is most likely that the dampness of the bread will soak it until it is not visible. Do not be frightened by it; it is normal.
If you are going to keep it simple from one day to the next, you can wrap it with a clean cotton cloth. This is also well preserved. If you want to save the cake, just bake it and wait until it cools completely before wrapping it with the film. So it will not soften excessively.
This banana bread can be accompanied by as many variations as your imagination gives. Here are some ideas:
- You can replace the black chocolate chips with that white chocolate.
- If you like nuts, try adding nuts to the dough.
- A touch of cinnamon? Very good! Pour a teaspoon together with the dry ingredients, it tastes well too.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.