Indian food is hailed for its exquisite curries and gravies. Among the nonveg recipes, Chicken Curry is one of the most loved and relished dishes. Every single home has its own recipe that runs down in generations. Chicken Curry is probably among the most satisfying main course dishes which does not require much of side dishes. Once you get your hands on it, cooking delicious chicken curry at home becomes a comfort. This recipe of chicken curry for beginners is perfect for those who are just learning to cook non-veg Indian recipes. If you are a bachelor living away from home and have been missing that yummy home-cooked chicken curry then this recipe is a must-try for you.
Delicious Easiest Chicken Curry Recipe For Beginners
This chicken curry recipe is made using simple spices. The most unique spice mix used in this recipe is the Maharashtrian Kanda Lasun Masala. It is a very popular spice powder prepared in big batches and stored to be used in several Maharashtrian recipes. Kanda Lasun Masala consists of Kanda i.e Onion which is deep-fried and Lasun i.e Garlic. It also contains dries red chilies and whole spices. Unlike the famous Garam masala powder which has a fine texture, Kanda lasun masala has a coarse texture, and because it has onions and garlic it forms a thicker gravy as compared to Garam Masala powder.
Chicken Curry Recipe Step-by-Step Method Video
How To Make Chicken Curry Recipe For Bachelors (Indian Style)
Easily available simple Ingredients are used in this Recipe
- Thinly sliced onions 2 medium
- Tomato 1
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic Pods 10-2
- Coriander powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Kanda Lasun Masala 3 tsp I use this one
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1/2 tsp (optional )
- Green chilies 1-2
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3 tablespoons I use Rice Bran Oil
- Chicken 500 gms
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- Lemon 1/2
STEPS FOR COOKING
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add the thinly sliced onions and fry till the tips become brown
- Add the chicken and fry in high heat for 3-4 minutes
- Add Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Red Chilly powder, and Kanda Lasun Masala, and fry the chicken for another 3-4 minutes
- Now add the paste of Tomato, Ginger, and Garlic, and fry till the masala paste gets cooked
- Add Salt and Black Pepper Powder, Lemon Juice
- Saute the chicken till the oil separates
- Add 3/4 cup water, Slit Green Chillies, and fresh Cilantro (Coriander Leaves)
- Cover and cook till the chicken is cooked tender
- Garnish with Green Coriander and Ginger Julianne
Delicious chicken curry is ready to be served.
Serve with Chapati, Nan, or Boiled Rice. For accompaniment serve salad or Raita.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.