There are many online methods that explain to you how to cook microwave bacon. Making bacon in the microwave has three very clear advantages. The time it takes is less, the end result is more crisp and healthy. Since it is not made with oil, and the kitchen is easily cleaned up.
What is Bacon?
Bacon is a very popular food choice for breakfast and as an accompaniment to other dishes such as sandwiches and steaks. Some people avoid bacon because they think it is harmful to their health. Which is a lie. Bacon is a source of protein and 45 percent of the fat is monounsaturated.
Learn how to cook microwave bacon and reduce the number of nitrosamines in the food. Nitrosamines are preservatives that may be linked to cancer. If you like crunchy and crispy bacon, learn how to cook microwave bacon in this article and you will learn quick and easy ways to cook bacon without smudging everything from fat. Just make sure you cook enough.
How to Cook Microwave Bacon?
There are two methods that are very popular for cooking bacon in the microwave. The methods are as follows;
- Prepare a dish for microwaves, preferably glass or Pyrex. Lay several layers of paper towels on the plate. These paper towels will absorb all the fat from the bacon, leaving the dishes clean, which means you will not have any dirty dishes to wash.
- Put up to 6 strips of raw bacon on paper towels. Do not overlap between them; the bacon will not cook evenly.
- Lay a layer of paper towels on top of the bacon strips. This will prevent the grease from splashing and dirty in the microwave.
- Cook the bacon. Heat the bacon in the microwave for approximately 3 minutes at maximum power or for 90 seconds for each strip.
- Drain the bacon. Remove the bacon from the dish and place it on another paper towel to absorb excess fat. Let the bacon rest for 1 minute to cool. Remove the bacon from the paper towel, so it will not stick to it, leaving bits of paper in the bacon.
- Eat the bacon. The bacon cooked in this way is crispy and delicious and will not have as much fat as the fried bacon, so it is healthier. Enjoy crispy bacon with eggs or pancakes, on a bacon and tomato sandwich, is a great appetizer.
- Place a microwave bowl on a microwave dish. With this method. The bacon is hung on the edge of the bowl. While cooking, the fat falls into the bowl or into the dish below. Hang the strips of bacon on the edge of the bowl. Place as many strips of bacon as you like around the edge of the bowl. If you do not want the bacon to stick to each other, leave spaces between the pieces. Otherwise, do not worry.
- Cook the bacon. Put the wrapped bowl of bacon in the microwave. Cook the bacon at maximum power for about 90 seconds for each strip. If you cook a full pound of bacon, it could take up to 15 minutes. To avoid grease splashing in the microwave. You can cover the bacon a little with paper towels. Rotate the microwave dish for 10 minutes. This will ensure bacon will cook evenly. Or, if you do not like crunchy bacon. You can take it out at this point. Be careful! The plate may be hot. Keep checking the crispness of the bacon.
- Remove the bacon from the microwave. You may need kitchen gloves since the bowl and dish will be hot. Carefully remove it from the microwave and place it on a surface that is safe from heat. Use tongs to remove the bacon from the bowl and leave it on a paper towel. If you let the bacon strips cool in the bowl, they will take a U-shape when serving. Be careful not to spill the bacon fat while removing the dish from the microwave.
- Save the fat. If you wish you can save the fat for cooking. Pour the fat into a storage container directly from the plate or place it in the refrigerator and allow it to harden. Get rid of fat if you do not want to use it for cooking.
How to Brown Bacon in the Microwave:
Guys, there is good news! Making bacon in a microwave is easier than you think and you do not need to make a mess in your kitchen. You can do it in your microwave in just 3 minutes.
Here are the steps to achieve this:
- Choose a dish that you can put in the microwave and place a thick napkin on top
- Place the strips of bacon on the plate (without touching them to avoid sticking), in a large dish that will probably not fit more than 6 strips.
- Cover the bacon with another thick napkin and put the dish in the microwave.
- If the plate is full (6 strips), program your microwave for 3 minutes, if you are going to put individual strips, it calculates 90 sec, by the strip of bacon.
- Remove the microwave dish and drain the bacon grease into a new napkin.
- let the bacon cool for a couple of minutes and go!
- If the bacon looks too soft you have not cooked it enough.
- You can open the microwave to check the bacon without worrying about “letting the heat out”. When the microwave is turned on again, it will instantly warm up.
- If you leave it for too long, the bacon will become too crunchy but it will still be very delicious.
- If you have a choice of bacon in your microwave, use it.
- Watch the bacon while cooking. Warm up quickly and you may need to stop the microwave before time runs out.
I hope now you will have an idea, that how to cook bacon. I am sure you will learn it, and soon you will be an expert in it. You May Like What is a Vegan Diet.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.