For the winter days nothing better than a good homemade chicken soup to get warm. You can make it in a quick pot and the time decreases considerably. But if you have time make the chicken broth gently in the traditional casserole.
The result will be much richer. If you make the broth the day before and put it in the refrigerator. It will be much simpler to De-grease it.
How to make chicken soup is very easy. Chicken soup is a very simple dish to put together. In preparing the broth at home is the best way to obtain a unique consistency and flavor. You will see that it is not complicated to do it with the following recipe.
What is a Chicken Soup?
Chicken soup is one of the most popular recipes in the western world. There is nothing like chicken soup on a cool, cloudy day. Is there anything more comforting than chicken soup?
When we’re in bed with the flu? Who does not remember a chicken soup prepared by his mother while still a child? Today we bring you how to make chicken soup recipe that is always creamy and delicious.
The fact is that everyone enjoyed one rich and delicious chicken soup prepared by our mother when we were sick. Some perhaps have eaten in those winter days this chicken soup tastes of a thousand delicacies. How to make a chicken soup recipe is easy to follow.
Take your time and read the recipe again if you did not understand. The chicken soup is made from the broth. Read below and we will tell you how to make chicken broth and then chicken soup.
How to Make Chicken Soup: Keeping It Fresh and Delicious
Ingredients for Homemade Chicken Broth:
- 1 onion
- 1 leek
- 1 potato
- 1 piece of pumpkin
- 2 carrots
- 1 chicken skeleton
- 1 chicken breast
- Fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper in grain (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 liters of water
- A homemade broth is to me a kind of luxury. It is perhaps the recipe with chicken that more take home, either on a rainy day, as a first quality, or as the perfect dinner to take on the sofa and watch an episode of “Game of Thrones”.
- It is certainly a tasty restorative and even serves as a resource to enrich our preparations in the kitchen. Do not think with this that I speak of a difficult recipe with rare ingredients, at all. It is actually a super simple, traditional recipe that matches the classic roast chicken. Nothing special there is, apart from the fact of enjoying a homemade comforting dish.
- We bring today how to make chicken soup. In many of the recipes, we cook on all stews and soups, among its ingredients include one good homemade broth that can make the difference between a rich dish and a yummy dish. So when we start to prepare a good homemade chicken broth. Which we then keep in jars in the vacuum or in the freezer. We know we have a quality wardrobe background for my day-to-day dishes. And we can use our pantry and include a part of this broth in our stews and that will give them an unbeatable spot.
Preparation of the Chicken Soup:
- We put all the ingredients in a pot and cover it with water. We have two options when it comes to making a good homemade chicken broth.
- We can use a pot of those of a lifetime or opt for modernity and employ a quick pot or express pot. That saves a little time.
- If we use a quick pot we will let it cook at 3, once it rises to the second ring, for 20 minutes. We turn it off and let it cool until it can be opened.
- If we choose the traditional method, then we have to cook all the ingredients in a casserole for an hour and a half or two hours.
- Once the broth is ready we glue it and let it cool. Once it is very cold it will be when we can remove the fat that will have formed on its surface.
- This is a fairly light and low-fat broth, so in this step, we could suppress it.
- Chicken meat can be reserved for another preparation.
- Also, use it crumbled inside the broth accompanied by fine noodles in the form of soup.
- We can also store it in containers for use in our stews. We usually freeze it in 250 ml jars, so that we have it on hand for any preparation.
- If you wish, you can add any other vegetables of your choice including everything that you may like or choose.
- It is best to put some eggs after we have pulled the chicken to put it to fry. When the broth is boiling, I put 4 or 5 eggs directly in the soup and I do not move the soup to make them stick. And they are delicious!! It is served hot with a splash of lemon and three freshly made tortillas and…. what a treat! Enjoy it!!
Benefits of chicken soup for the flu:
- Chicken soup is a healthy dish especially rich in interest not only against the flu or colds but for general health properties.
- The different natural ingredients found in this wonderful recipe (chicken, onion, carrots, parsley, and celery) help very positively, thanks to its anti-inflammatory benefits.
- This means that it is a dish that helps in case of flu or cold because it controls the activity of neutrophils (granular leukocytes that appear in great quantity when a person is sick of influenza or suffers respiratory infection since they are produced by the Immune system to protect the body against these).
When once you have made the chicken soup and have mastered it, as it is not that difficult, trust me you will enjoy it every time you make it.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.