How to Make Homemade Flan – There are many ways to prepare pudding at home. There are instant puddings. That you can buy at any supermarket or custards that can easily be made at home. In addition, you must always take care to unmold the flan and keep it whole when it is inverted. How to make homemade flan is what we will tell you today.
The basic ingredients for a homemade flan are custard are eggs, milk and sugar, and yolks curdle that make the custard acquires a gelatinous and creamy texture. Still, other types of ingredients can be added to flavour it like vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate, coffee, mascarpone cheese, nougat, lemon, fruits (such as apple, mandarin, banana, coconut, red fruits, peach and orange ), etc.
How to Make Homemade Flan for Vegans?
For vegans, you can also prepare the flan with soy milk or other types such as rice milk or almond which gives a completely different flavour. There is also the possibility of preparing the flan with goat milk because the taste and texture will be very different, intense and sensational. You May Like How to Make Ice Cream in Home.
Candy is one of the typical ingredients that make up part of the flan, both home and commercial we can use or buy it from any supermarket. But, it is also important that you keep in mind that you can present the flans with other types of candies that can have some touch of alcohol, and aroma or combine it with some homemade fruit cream that combines perfectly with the flavour you have chosen for the flan.
Moreover, it is also important that must carefully do the presentation of flan. Whipped cream is one of the classics that are usually used for presentation; if you mount the cream yourself you can aromatize it. In turn, to give a touch of colour, mint leaves and red fruits can be an excellent choice to make it aesthetically more fascinating.
But first what is a flan? Let us know, flan is a delicious dessert and there are many types of flan. The flan is one of the traditional desserts of our gastronomy. We show you how to make homemade flan. The verity is that egg custard is a rich and traditional dessert, that we can develop ourselves at home very easily and quickly. In addition, eggs are only needed as they are the basic ingredient. Also, milk and sugar are needed that we can find in every house. Do you dare? In this article, you will discover step-by-step how to make homemade flan.
This dessert recipe is in the traditional way, without a doubt one of the best elaborations of our cuisine and luxury on the table. The homemade flan is a great idea to make desserts and if you have large molds even can make cake-type supersized.
How to Make Homemade Flan: Enjoying Your Homemade Flan
- 1/2 liter whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 piece of cinnamon sticks
- 150 grams of sugar (for flan)
- 150 grams of sugar (for caramel)
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 small spoonful of lemon
- 6 molds for flan
- To prepare the caramel put 150 grams of sugar in a saucepan. Add a small teaspoon of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of water. Put the saucepan over medium heat and let the sugar melt. You must be careful not to touch the candy because it burns a lot.
- When the caramel has a nice golden colour we move away from the fire. Pour a tablespoon of candy into each of the 6 molds. And stir them a little to spread the caramel well.
- Now take a clean saucepan with half a liter of whole milk and bring it to medium heat.
- Open a vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Remove the vanilla seeds and pour everything into the milk. We leave it to heat until almost boiling, then turn away the pan from the fire, cover it with a plate and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Put 4 eggs large in a bowl. Add two yolks of egg and 150 grams of sugar. Tap lightly until all is mixed.
- When the rest of the milk has passed 30 minutes, remove the vanilla pod. Turn on the oven and put it to 160 °C heat up and down.
- Stir in milk to the bowl with the eggs and sugar while beating slightly. Now put a colander over a pot and strain the custard mixture. Distribute it between the six molds.
- Place the molds in a baking dish and fill the dish with water up to half the height of the molds. Put in the oven and bake bath for 40 minutes at 160 °C.
- When the puddings are curd, take them out of the oven. With the oven, mittens remove the water molds and let cool.
- Then cover them with plastic wrap and put them in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When they are cold pass a knife along the edge of the flan. Dump the flans on a small plate and that’s it. We already have ready our egg custard so out of the kitchen and eat!!!
- You can spice up this pudding by adding a slice of lemon peel or orange. You can also substitute some milk for some liquid cream (cream). You can adapt the recipe to your taste but the egg custard is using only basic recipe ingredients: eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar. This gives a delicate taste and a softer texture than if you used cream or condensed milk.
- When beating eggs do not do it too hard or leave a lot of foam. If you leave this foam in the custard and stay on top of the mould while baking the puddings, you will have a very ugly appearance of it.
- The candy is made for flans, but that has a problem that quickly hardens and you have to work with it quickly (but carefully) so that it does not solidify. As soon as you put it in the mould you will have to distribute it in the background because if you take a lot of time, it will get hard.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.