Mango cake is a classic dessert that can be made at any time of the year. However, it is especially delicious when made during the summertime. The tangy mango cake recipe is a simple and easy-to-follow recipe that will make your cake taste sweet and fantastic.
Mango cake is a popular dessert that can be made at home with a few simple ingredients. By following this recipe, you can create a tangy and delicious mango cake that will be sure to please you
For 10-12 servings
- Refined flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Caster Sugar – ¾ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Grated lemon rind – 1 tsp
- Mango pulp – 1 cup
- Butter cream icing [ Butter Icing Recipe ]
- Prepare one 9″ cake tin or two 7″ sandwich cake tins [ How to prepare a cake tin? ]
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt 3 times into a bowl.
- Cream the butter in another bowl, till soft.
- Add the sugar gradually and cream well for 4-5 minutes, till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition for 4-5 minutes, till completely amalgamated.
- Mix in the vanilla essence and lemon rind.
- Fold in the flour and mango pulp alternately, as lightly as possible, using a metal spoon, till well blended.
- Spoon the butter into the prepared cake tin or sandwich cake tins and level the top.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes, till a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake/cakes comes out clean.
- Switch of the oven, open the door and leave the cake/cakes inside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cake/cakes from the oven, set aside for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- If two cakes were baked, spread the icing on one cake and sandwich with the second.
- If one cake was baked, slice it in half horizontally, sing a long serrated knife. Spread the icing over the lower half and cover with the upper half.
- Spread the remaining icing over the top and sides of the cake and serve.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.