If you’re like most people, you probably think of cake tins as something that’s just for baking cakes. But in reality, cake tins can be used for so much more! They make great organizers for your kitchen, and they can even serve as a decorative piece in your home. In this blog post, we’re going to show you how to prepare a cake tin so that you can start using it in your cooking and baking adventures.
Cake tins have to prepared properly to ensure that the cake comes out of the tin smoothly.
Preparing a Cake Tin:
- Always prepare the cake tin before making the batter.
- Non-stick cake tins do not need greasing.
- Other cake tins should be greased with butter or fat and dusted with flour or lined with butter paper.
Preparing a Cake Tin with Butter and Flour:
- First brush the tin with melted butter.
- Sprinkle in 2-3 tbsp of flour and shake it around till the interior of the tin is lightly covered.
- Turn the tin over and knock out any excess flour.
- For chocolate cakes, you can dust the tin with cocoa powder instead of flour so that the cake does not have a coating of white flour.
- Use this method to grease a tube/ring cake tin.
Lining a Cake Tin with Butter Paper:
- To line a round tin, place it on the butter paper, draw around the base with a pencil and cut out the circle.
- Put the cut butter paper into the tin line the base.
- Cut a strip for the sides of the tin. Line the sides with the strip of butter paper.
Sponge cakes should be baked in cake tins lined with butter paper.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.