Palak Aloo Sabji is a yummy combination, you can prepare Aloo palak dry sabzi and also in gravy. The gravy is typically a smooth and creamy one. The dry Palak Aloo recipe is an ideal recipe for quick meal prep. This recipe does not require a lot of spices and is made with basic and very few spices, yet it is very delicious and one of my favorite bhajis (sabjis). It is an easy preparation of dry vegetable dish which is made with ingredients that are usually available in any Indian kitchen pantry. Just grab your bunch of fresh spinach and within 10 minutes you will be ready with your dish.
Potato is one ingredient that is easily paired with most of vegetables, you can easily make Spinach Potato Gravy as well as Dry preparation of Spinach and Potatoes.
Delicious Dry Spinach And Potato Recipe Made With Very Few Ingredients
This recipe of Indian Style Spinach and Potatoes is very easy and perfect for beginners. If you manage to get yourself sorted by chopping the veggies, you are almost done. Cooking this recipe does not require any additional steps like preparing a spice mix or making gravy etc. You just need to bung in all the ingredients and cook until done. Spinach does not take long to cook so you only need to cook your potatoes and spinach shall already be cooked by then.
How To Make Palak Aloo Sabji Dry Easy Recipe
Paalak Aloo Sabji ( Dry ) | Aloo Palak Sukhi Sabji | Spinach and potatoes Indian Recipe
- Spinach ( Palak) – 1 big bunch
- Potatoes 2 medium
- Dried Red Chilly 2-3
- Turmeric Powder 1/4th tsp
- Tomato 1 medium
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Wash the Palak very well, remove mud (if any) and chop it roughly
- Peel and dice the potatoes
- Heat oil in a kadai
- Add finely chopped garlic and dried red chillies
- Saute the Garlic for a few seconds and then add the potatoes, stir fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes
- Now add in the Spinach and chopped Tomato
- Finally add the salt and Turmeric powder
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes, when you open the lid you will see that the spinach has released a lot of water and it has reduced in quantity.
- Stir the sabji and cover it
- Cook in medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until the potatoes are fully cooked
- Once the potato is cooked it is your choice to fry in further or not. Frying it for another 2 minutes in medium high heat will make the sabji dry and will uplift the flavors.
This Dry Palak Aloo sabzi goes well with Dal Rice and paratha. If you like this recipe and you are looking out for more such simple and quick recipes you will want to check my Mooli ka saag recipe too.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.