Looking to make your very own citrus cake at home? You’re in the right place! This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for any occasion – special celebrations, or just because you’re in the mood for something sweet!
Making citrus cake at home is a breeze! This recipe is simple, yet delicious and perfect for any occasion.
How To Make Citrus Cake At Home
for 10-12 servings
Refined flour 1½ cups
Baking powder 1½ tsp
Butter ¾ cup
Powdered sugar 1 cup
Eggs, lightly beaten 3
Warm milk ¼ cup
Lime juice 1 tsp
Grated lime rind 1 tbsp
Sugar ½ cup
Lemon juice 2 tbsp
Water 4 tbsp
Prepare an 8″ cake tin. How to prepare a cake tin
Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F for 10 minutes.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder 3 times into a bowl.
- Cream the butter in another bowl, till soft.
- Add the sugar and cream well for 4-5 minutes, till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, a little at a time, beating well after each addition for 4-5 minutes, till completely amalgamated.
- Fold in the flour and milk alternately, as lightly as possible, using a metal spoon, till well blended.
- Fold the lime juice and lemon rind. The butter will be light fluffy.
- Spoon the butter into the prepared cake tin and level the top.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 30 minutes, till a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean and the cake is well risen and firm to the touch.
- Switch off the oven, open the door and leave the cake inside for 5 minutes.
Put all the ingredients for the syrup in a pan over moderate heat. Cook till the sugar dissolves and the syrup comes to boil.
Remove from heat.
Invert the cake on to a serving platter.
Pour the hot syrup over the hot cake and set aside till cool.
Slice and serve the cake.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.