Food wastage is one thing that should always be avoided, but it’s equally inevitable to prevent leftovers. So what to do with leftovers, well you can either reheat and eat them or you can let the creative chef in you take over. If you choose to do the latter I have a recipe.
This recipe is not just a recipe but it’s a recipe Idea in the true sense. If you have been wondering what to do with the rice that’s been sitting in your fridge, leftover from the previous day’s meal you can just try this recipe, and once you do this recipe I’m sure the ideas will start flowing in.
How To Transform The Boring Leftover Rice Into Delicious Potato Fried Rice
Potato Fried Rice With Leftover Rice
- Precooked Rice 1 bowl
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seed 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Onion 2 medium Sized (thinly sliced)
- Tomatoes 2 Large
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Potatoes 2 Medium Sized
- Oil For Frying
- Green Coriander
- Heat Oil in a pan
- Add Mustard Seeds and cumin seeds
- Allow them to crackle
- Add chopped green chillies
- Fry it
- Bung In the thinly sliced onion
- Fry the onion for just 2-3 minutes and then add the potatoes
- Add Salt to season the potatoes, don't add all the salt at once, first add only to season the potatoes then later on add for rice.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes
- Open after 5 minutes and stir, then add tomatoes and turmeric powder
- Cover and cook till tomatoes become soft and potatoes cook
- Open the lid and add red chilly powder, green coriander and salt
- Finally Add the Rice
- Stir and fry the rice very well
- Once fried remove from heat
- Garnish with some freshly chopped green coriander and Serve hot
If you liked this recipe idea of reusing leftover rice to create an absolutely new dish, please share it with your friends. I am sure you will my Lemony Yellow fried rice recipe too, which is also prepared with leftover rice.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.