Potatoes are commonly found in every household, cooked in myriad different ways. Being the most versatile of vegetables makes potatoes a saving grace for all vegetarians. Every time one was confused as to what to make for a meal, a new potato recipe was created. We had our house specialties that everyone relished.
How To Make Til Ka Aloo At Home
Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Potatoes (Aloo)- 1 kg, small, even-sized
- Ginger-garlic (adhrak-lahsun) paste- 1 tbsp
- White sesame seeds (safed til)- 100 gms
- Gram flour (besan)- 1 tbsp
- Turmeric (haldi) powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli (laal mirch)- 1 tsp
- Coriander (dhania) powder- 1 tbsp
- Dried raw mango (aam choor) powder- 1 tsp
- Pomegranate seeds (anardana)- 1 tbsp, finely ground
- Egg- 2 egg whites
- Sunflower oil- 4 tbsp, for frying
- Rock salt (kaala namak) powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
Wash the potatoes thoroughly, soak in water with 1 tsp salt for half an hour, then parboil the unpeeled potatoes and let them cool.
Blend the besan, egg whites and all the masalas together into a paste. Put the washed and unpeeled whole potatoes in the ready masala, making sure that the potatoes are properly covered with the masala. Then generously sprinkle the sesame seeds on the potatoes.
In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the potatoes until they turn golden brown. Sprinkle rock salt and mix. Potatoes With Sesame Seeds is ready to be served.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.