With everyone adopting healthy eating habits, low-oil recipes have taken a huge leap in popularity. Cooking healthy food is very simple and with a wonderful appliance like a microwave oven, it becomes even easier. Thinking of grilled wish if you are worried about an outdoor grill set up, you need not. We are grilling the fish in a Microwave Oven so keep reading to discover delicious low-oil fish recipes i.e Grilled Fish in Microwave Oven.
My zero oil Tandoori fish is another recipe of fish that you might be interested in.
I usually prefer freshwater fish, like Carp or catla, but you can also use this recipe for grilling sea fish like Surmai Fish (Kingfish) or even Pomfret. This recipe is very easy and you do not need to be an excellent cook to make this dish. Even if making a grill/barbecue setup outdoors is not possible, you can always use this easy method of grilling in the oven it takes lesser oil as compared to deep-fried fish. This recipe will give you vibrant, spicy, healthy, quick, and delicious grilled fish right inside your kitchen..
If you are using whole fish then you will need to score the fish from both sides, just to let the fish absorb the spices very well.
Coming from a city deprived of a sea coast, we have always relished fresh water’s fish. Carp (Rohu in Hindi and Rui Machh in Bengali) is an all time favorite. It is a juicy flavorsome fish, the only downside is that carp or Rohu fish has a lot of bones. So if you are not a pro fish eater, replace Carp/ Rohu with Surmai and you shall be good to go.
For this recipe I have used my homemade Fish Masala Powder, you can also use this ready-made spice mix.
Spicy Grilled Fish in a Microwave Oven | How To Grill Fish in A Microwave Oven
- 5-6 Pieces of Rohu Fish or any fish of your choice
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 1/2 tbsp
- Oil 1 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Fish Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Wheat Flour 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of red food color (optional)
- 1. Add 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp Salt and few drops of Lemon juice and marinate the fish.
- 2. Leave it aside for 15-20 minutes
- 3. In a mixing bowl add oil and turmeric powder, red chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, wheat flour, salt, fish masala powder and coat the fish very well with this spice mix
- 4. Add the food color and mix well
- 5. grease the grill rack of your Microwave oven with oil
- 6. Place the fish pieces on the grill rack
- 7. Set the microwave oven on Grill Combination mode 270 W
- 8. Set the timer to 10 minutes
- 9. After 10 minutes flip the fish pieces and grill for another 10 minutes or until it is done completely.
Important Note: Any microwave oven with grill combination mode can be used for grilling, fish, chicken, potatoes, etc. Every microwave oven has a different setting of Watts and temperature for the modes they support. You will have to get the judgment of the exact time required for the food to get cooked as it is quite possible that what my microwave oven does in 20 minutes your oven can require 30 minutes or say 15 minutes to get the same result.
The microwave oven I use is Lg 32 Ltrs Charcoal lighting Oven, this gives a brilliant charred effect to the grilled food.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.