Tuna fish recipes are healthy menus that provide a rich source of protein and also contain a significant amount of minerals, vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids.
The heart-healthy tuna fish recipes are rich in proteins that are essential constituents of all human cells, controlling such vital processes as metabolism and providing the structural basis of many body tissues, such as muscles and skin. They enable the body to grow and repair itself. Also read Canned Salmon Recipes.
Tuna fish recipes are protein-rich foods. The protein foods are mainly of animal origin- meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and milk. But some protein is also present in wheat, rice, corn, nuts, peas, beans, and lentils.
Why Tuna Fish is Good for Your Heart
Over the past 40 years, the range of foods available in packets, jars, and cans has increased dramatically. Consumers required more information in order to make best choices for health, which resulted in improved product labels. Food manufacturers in the European Community and North America are required by law to provide the following information on product labels: total weight or volume, and a list of the ingredients.
Recently, according to researchers, tuna fish contains the mineral known as selenone nine. This mineral acts as an antioxidant and protects the fish’s red blood cells from fundamental damage. This mineral combines with the mercury compounds in the fish’s body and as a result, lowers the risk of mercury-related problems. Over 15000 U.S. men and women participated in the study on the effect of intake of tuna on cardiovascular disease. Those individuals were facing a cardiovascular problem called Atrial Fibrillation(AF).
In this heart problem, the electrical impulses in the heart become irregular. The researchers did find the risk of artrial fibrillation is reduced if the combination of canned tuna and oily fish like salmon was taken twice per week. Due to the presence of this antioxidant selenoneine in tuna fish recipes, we get some of this mineral protection when we eat tuna. Here are some tuna fish recipes which can be helpful for protein hunters.
Tuna Fish Pasta Salad:
This heart-healthy tuna fish recipe is an instant one to go for. Pasta lovers will surely like it. This tuna fish pasta salad is a mayo-free salad that can be taken if you are traveling. it can be served at room temperature.
- 2 cups boiled pasta spiral
- 1 cup canned tuna
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 pinch of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of tomato ketchup(optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Boil pasta with 2-3 tablespoons of oil for 10 minutes.
- Strain the pasta and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Mix in a bowl tuna, pasta, and all the vegetables in.
- Season the salad with tomato ketchup, lemon juice, oregano, and olive oil.
- Serve chilled or as per your choice.
Tuna Lemon Steak:
This tuna fish recipe is richlyly meaty and protein recipe for seafood lovers. Go for this menu as it is the simplest and easy to make for beginners and steak lovers. The heart-healthy tuna fish recipe is the best source of omega-3 fatty acids. The fresh citrus lemon juice makes ideal accompaniments to meals. lemon contains plenty of vitamin C, which helps the body to absorb iron from foods.
Watch the ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 steaks tuna
- 1 large lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- Peel the lemon to get its zest, and cut the zest into small strips.
- Marinate the tuna with olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon juice, white pepper, and garlic and leave for 2-3 hours minimum and maximum of 24 hours.
- Heat the grill pan for 15 minutes when you are ready to grill the steaks.
- Now, place the steak on a very hot grill. Grill the steaks on each side for 5-7 minutes.
- The beautiful grill marks will appear that will tempt you for sure.
- Serve with yogurt dressing salad.
Mexican Tuna Fish:
The Mexican tuna fish recipe is the wonderful one for spice lovers. The yogurt and mayo dressing adds taste to it. This a straightforward recipe for raw tuna fish lovers, which makes it a heart-healthy fish recipe. The recipe can be definitely made and served cold as well as at room temperature. The mouthwatering spice cumin adds to it an aromatic flavor.Yogurt is an ancient food and has had many great claims made about its healing properties. it is a good source of milk nutrients, such as protein, calcium potassium, and riboflavin.
This is the reason why this seafood recipe makes a heart-healthy tuna fish recipe.
Watch the ingredients:
- 1 can rinse red beans
- 1 can tuna fish
- 1 can tuna fish
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 can rinse black olives chopped
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon roasted chopped cumin
- 4-5 lettuce leaves chopped
- 4 wraps
- In a mixing bowl, add in the red beans, tuna fish broken flakes, tomatoes, onions, black olives, lettuce leaves, and garlic and toss them all well.
- Now in another bowl add the yogurt, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, red pepper flakes, cumin, and olive oil. Mix all the ingredients by stirring smoothly.
- Add the mixture to the wraps.
- Serve with ketchup or mustard paste if needed.
Tuna Capsicum Curried Recipe:
This is the famous and mouthwatering tuna fish recipe for curry lovers. The capsicum used is a source of high beta-carotene and other carotenes that may help to reduce the risk of lung cancer. The fiber in this vegetable may contribute to a reduced risk of colon cancer. The inclusion of spices like turmeric and cumin adds an aromatic effect to this full-flavored dish. The recipe can be served with plain boiled rice that will provide a nourishing and entertaining meal for lunch or tuna fish dinner recipe. The parsley at the serving time offers vitamin-B, iron, calcium, magnesium, and fiber, as well as antioxidants. chewing raw parsley leaves, can help to freshen breath. You may like Best Chicken Dinner Recipes.
Watch the ingredients:
- 1 canned tuna with oil drained and may be used in cooking this dish
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin roasted and crushed
- 1 cup capsicum cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1-2 tablespoon parsley
- Heat a wok and add the canned tuna drained oil. Add the onion and fry it till the light brown color turns.
- Now pour the chopped ginger and saute it until it gives a fresh aroma.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are turned into a paste form with the help of covering the wok with a lid.
- When the pasta form of tomato mixture appears to be, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and cumin.
- Cook until the mixture releases the oil.
- Add the tuna flakes and capsicum and parsley.
- Cover the lid and simmer for 10 minutes
- Serve the delicious curry with wraps or with plain boiled rice.
Karishma loves everything that makes life simple and happier. Cooking is her stress buster as she loves to cook for her family and friends. She blogs at Nature’s Best Home Remedies.. An entrepreneur by profession she is a doting homemaker and a curious learner.